W.D. Davenport Co Ltd provides complete solutions to your residential, commercial and farm construction or renovation needs. We take care of everything, from planning to construction. We use high quality materials for all of our projects and invest in modern technologies that help reduce cost and speed up the process. From simple insurance repair works to larger projects like new homes or commercial buildings, we can deliver the service and quality you deserve. Work with us to find out why more clients trust us for their construction projects.
We listen to our clients carefully to identify their exact needs and preferences. We provide honest quotes and never use substandard materials for any project. Every work we perform meets quality and safety standards. Our extensive experience in the field allows us to expand our range of services and serve more clients. Call us if you need help with any of the following:
• New houses/Alterations/Renovations
• Farm Cottages/transportable homes
• Metrapanel Systems/Housing/Commercial
• Dairy sheds (Rotary and Herringbone)
• Farm Buildings/Feed Pads
• Silage Bunkers
• Insurance Repair Work
• Tilt Panel Buildings/ Light Commercial k
Here’s a list of our recent projects or clients:
• Taha Awa Farm – Construction of New 60 Bale Goat Rotary Dairy Shed • Gavins – Construction of New 180Bale Goat Rotary Dairy Shed • Ingrams Properties – Construction of New Covered-in Feed Pad • Gray Ltd – Construction of New Feed Pad • ABC Morrinsville – Alterations
W.D. Davenport Co Ltd is a member of the Certified Builders Association of New Zealand. Visit www.certified.co.nz for more details. We are approved installers of Metrapanel, an innovative product and solution for residential and commercial construction.
Metrapanel is NZ’s long standing ’25 year proven’ modular panel housing system… for more house and a stronger house for your money – the robust, durable, and energy efficient alternative! The concept of Metrapanel is brilliantly simple; solid walls, floors and ceiling panels pre-cut to simplify and speed up construction.
The Metrapanel System is a house building system based on Metrapanel wall, floor and ceiling panels. The design and construction of the remainder of the building, comprising foundation, flooring, roof, joinery and claddings, is conventional. The Metrapanel System was developed to create a frameless interior system which replaces timber-frame and plaster-board. According to BRANZ, the system is ‘fit-for-purpose’ and will comply with the NZ Building Code.
Currently, one Metrapanel house is completed by an Installer every day, with the capacity to increase to the targeted 1,000. Homes built using the Metrapanel System are constructed by Licensed Installers throughout New Zealand. Metrapanel is a product produced by LaminexNZ. The panel is made from compressed wood fibre derived from plantation pine, and heat compressed with an exclusively formulated resin. The re-manufacturing plant then converts the raw board to preprimed Metrapanel after applying two coats of specially formulated Resene sealant.
Metrapanel’s solid 2.45m x 7.35m wood panel means there are fewer sheet joins than would be found under timber-framing and plasterboard systems — the homeowner gets the advantage of smooth, strong and durable walls, resulting in extensive cost maintenance savings over time. Perfect for investment properties, classrooms, retirement villages, housing for the disabled and social housing.
• BRANZ Appraisal 364 (2015)
• A plan range that is Lifemark certified and 7/10 Homestar rated
• Available in 3 sizes 36mm walls, 25mm floors and ceilings and 18mm linings
• Durabilty and impact resistance, with 640kg/m3 density
• Level 5 finish with inbuilt insulation
• Optional added STC ratings
• Optional added thermal ratings
• Can achieve a 1S Fire Rating classification for the NZBC and 1 for the NCC upon application of additional specified coatings
• Metrapanel buildings are suitable for all Wind Zones up to and including Very High
• Speed of construction by up to 40-60%, perfected 6 week turnaround for an average 160-180sqm home (based on a team of three)
• More floor space can be achieved with the same footprint, providing larger rooms or an extra small room like an ensuite, office or walk-in wardrobe
• Design flexibility for tailoring the design to individual requirements
• Environmentally conscious recyclable product, with reduced wastage as offcuts can be used for shelving, treds and rises, bath cradles and wardrobe organiser
• Energy efficiency provide 28% savings in cooling and 4% saving in heating energy compared to a typical 94mm traditionally framed home
• In relation to the ‘Preventing Falls from Height’ legislation, Metrapanel provides a safe working ceiling platform, which then remains in place and becomes part of the house. This can be used effectively on either timber-frame or steel-frame housing, and ceiling diaphragms can be up to 12m long
Scope of Use:
• Residential (including a plan range from 55-117m2 smaller scale dwellings to 251m2 for family homes or up to 317m2 for extra spacious living).
• Transportables (including minor dwellings, baches, traditional farm style cottages, granny flats, classrooms and subdivided properties). A factory built environment can deliver a 153sqm transportable house in 4-6 weeks.
• Commercial (including internal office fit outs and partitioning, modular components such as bathrooms for high rise structures and purpose built factories, storage units and two storey apartment complexes).
• Retirement (including individual units, duplexes, multi-storey complexes, communal facilities and hospitals).
• Education (including classrooms, gymnasium, school facilities and student accommodation).
80 retirement villas constructed with Metrapanel
“We have experienced no problems or damage with villa’s constructed of this material, which has resulted in tens of thousands of dollars saved in unnecessary repair costs when refurbishing villas. We would highly recommend this product to any future purchasers”. Henry Van Dyk, Trust Board Chairman, Rangiura Retirement Village and Home for the Elderly
100 homes and a private hospital constructed with Metrapanel
“The walls have an excellent smooth internal finish and because the walls are 36mm thick it is very difficult to sustain damage and therefore the repair and maintenance of everyday use is minimal. Our residents often comment on how warm the houses are in the winter and cool in the summer”. Claire Neshat, Manager, Althorp Village
Metrapanel, is a founding member of PrefabNZ, their mission is; ‘to be respected as an ethical and sustainable company and acknowledged as a leader in innovation for the building industry. Proud of being customer driven, Metrapanel are focused on offering a unique efficient panel system solution.’
“I have been impressed with the innovative approach Metrapanel has adopted and believe that the system has the potential to dramatically change the way we build in New Zealand, and I believe the Pacific”. Nick Nightingale, Managing Director, Resene.
“With the combined expertise of LaminexNZ manufacturing, and the Metrapanel passion and vision for building construction, this provides New Zealand with an innovative panel construction system perfect for modular homes”. Richard Pollington, General Manager, LaminexNZ.
Metrapanel is an alternative construction system that has improved conventional building methods by way of: speed of construction, cost savings and durability. Their proven track record spans the residential, commercial, retirement and educational areas, as well as the social housing sector. With a strong Research and Development Programme alongside Strategic Partners; LaminexNZ, Resene, BRANZ, PrefabNZ, Lifemark, and NZGBC, on board, the system speaks for itself – visit our website to find out more information and understand why ‘once people use Metrapanel – there’s no going back!’
“We want to be the innovative leaders in the building industry, we don’t want to just plod along. We’ve been in the game for over 25 years, we know what works and believe our system has what it takes. With Licensed Installers located Nationwide and a proven history, Metrapanel is also becoming the favoured system for national projects. We’re small enough to be able to answer any queries straight away, yet we’re big enough to make a difference in the market” said Andrew Savage, Managing Director.
W.D. Davenport Co Ltd offers a “design and build” service to meet your dairy shed construction or renovation needs. Whether you need a structure for dairy cows or goats, we can design and build it to your specifications.
Warren would be happy to meet you on-site, discuss your current and future requirements, and provide you with a plan and cost estimate. Call 0274 750 994 to arrange an appointment.